To see the hospitals and clinics near to you, activate your location
A localização tem de ser permitida nas definições do browser
Founded in 1972, Hospital Lusíadas Amadora has made significant contributions to the improvement of health care services for the population it serves and for the health system in general.
Hospital Lusíadas Amadora joined Lusíadas Saúde in 2016. At this time, its facilities were renovated, and new equipment and teams were acquired, operating under a new functional model focused on improvement to care.
We provide services in a variety of medical, surgical, and diagnostic specialty areas, always focused on clients and on the clinical excellence of our professionals, providing humanized, integrated, and value-generating services in order to contribute to a higher level of satisfaction for those we serve.
Organization of multidisciplinary teams dedicated to specific specialty areas, the development of new areas, and utilization of cutting-edge technology allow us to innovate with quality and safety, meaning, provide services of excellence.
Clinical Director, Hospital Lusíadas Amadora
Quality and Safety
Quality present in our daily work
Hospital Lusíadas Amadora is a hospital unit equipped and developed to respond to all clinical situations, with the most up-to-date diagnostics and treatment capabilities.
Located in Amadora, Hospital Lusíadas Amadora consists of four interconnected buildings, functioning in two capacities: Outpatient and Hospitalizations.
Having joined Lusíadas Saúde in late 2016, Hospital Lusíadas Amadora is part of a brand which encompasses hospitals and clinics across Portugal, and part of the largest health group in the world: UnitedHealth Group.
Lusíadas Saúde is above all a place which welcomes those who seek out its services, empathizing with their concerns and supporting them in the best manner possible.
With the mission of helping people live healthier lives and helping make the health system work better for everyone, Hospital Lusíadas Amadora adopts a strategy grounded in the Group’s values: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance. Its activities rest on four pillars:
- Clinical Excellence: We aim for the best clinical results for each person and do this by grounding care in quality and patient-safety best practices, complying with regulations, having our performance evaluated by leading entities, and continually comparing ourselves to the best institutions;
- Improved Care Experience: We provide patient-centered care which rests on the quality of the patient-provider relationship, focusing on proximity, compassion, and trust. Patients are actively involved in their care plan, requiring safe and quality provision;
- Human Capital Development: We are also concerned with caring for those who provide care, and provide trainings in accordance with the needs of each one of our employees, thus promoting excellence in their performance:
- Efficiency and Sustainability: We strive for continual improvement to our system of management, implementing more efficient processes, managing risk, eliminating waste, and incentivizing increasingly responsible organizational practices. Within the scope of environmental performance improvement, we seek to engage in processes that guarantee the efficient use of natural resources, pollution prevention, and preservation of the environment.
Hospital Lusíadas Amadora was the first private Portuguese clinic opened specifically to provide services in the areas of General Medicine, General and Specialty Surgeries, Obstetrics-Maternity, Chemotherapy, and Radiation Therapy.
Agreements and Conventions:
Advantageous health care conditions
We hold agreements with leading health insurance companies and subsystems.
- Companies and other entities
- Health Insurance Companies
- Health subsystems
- Jerónimo Martins
- Lusíadas 4US
- Medical Port
- Fundação Salvador Caetano
- Colaboradores Lusíadas (Seguro Saúde Médis)
- Future Healthcare
- Lusíadas Plan
- RNA Medical
- Imprensa Nacional - Casa da Moeda
- ADM / IASFA
- Médis CTT
- SAMS Quadros
- ADSE, IASFA, SAD PSP, SAD GNR - Tabela especial sem convenção
- SAMS Norte
- SAMS SIB
- ARS (SNS - Serviço Nacional de Saúde)
- Multicare - ACS
- SFJ - Sindicato dos Funcionários Judiciais
Authorization for Health Care Service Provision
Hospital Lusíadas Amadora, health care provision establishment held and managed by CLISA - Clínica de Santo António, S.A. (Entity Registration No. : 15926), registered and licensed, under the terms and effects of Decree-Law No. 127/2014 of August 22, of the ERS - Health Regulatory Entity, numbers E129708 and E147851, holding operating license no. 11546/2016.